Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pickles and Relish

A huge thank you to my new friend, Lorraine, who kindly shared her favorite Zucchini Relish and Bread & Butter Pickle recipes with me- they are both absolutely delicious. (Of course, I couldn't leave well enough alone, and made slight adaptations to both recipes due to pantry limitations, or my own stubborn artistry!)

We are trying to come up with a good name for the Zucchini Relish, to keep it separate from pickle relish. Zelish is too much like my Grandma Zella's name, and Matt thinks Zucchish sounds funny. Any ideas?

I actually started to giggle a little when I tasted the pickles, because they were crisp, and had the EXACT flavor I was looking for. Grow, cucumbers, GROW! I want to make me some more...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

how about zuckles? :-)

Beth Twist said...

...or maybe Yellish, since its yellow relish?

Danny said...

How 'bout "Don't worry no hamburger!" or "Finally a good use of zucchini that isn't bread."

There are only two things I think of when I think of zucchini. Mama's bread (YUMMMMY!!) or her hamburger casserole (DISGUSTING!!)

Beth Twist said...

DANNY! What??? You don't think that ground beef, zucchini, tomato sauce and chopped up dill pickles go good together? What's wrong with you???