Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Two New Treasures

When a dear friend of mine recently found that this book was going to be destroyed, she rescued it for me, thinking the kids would enjoy it. Little did she know that I would keep it for myself! I absolutely LOVE this book. Published in 1946, it is full of little stories about farm life. It is so sweet and simple and full of charm. And despite how much thought and effort she put into gathering some other items for my birthday gift, I have to confess that it is my favorite. :)

And to commemorate 10 years from the day we met, my Sister-in-Love gave me this adorable little medallion:

It is actually the broken lid from a vintage metal jewelry box, but with that bit of vintage tatting added, it makes a perfect little wall-hanging.

Two cherished treasures from two cherished people. Two more items to add to my sentimental journey...

1 comment:

mainely stitching said...

What wonderful, perfect "you" gifts! :D